FORUMS: list search recent posts

When Expporting from Flash , dimensions are fullscreen??

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anilio Sweet
When Expporting from Flash , dimensions are fullscreen??
on Feb 12, 2011 at 3:29:06 pm

Hello everybody,

I Have to make some banners for the web.
I'm working with Premiere and AE Cs4.
When i'm in AE and make the movie and export it as a swf the size is stil to big it's about 250/400kb My webdesigner says that it to big and heavy and i have to make it smaller like 40/70kb... I said Wooww.. he suggest i use Flash, i've never worked with this and i am now learning.

When i export from AE to Flash cs5 and make the movie it's smaller, but still like 150/200kb.. still too big,, another thing is that the dimensions are 150x180 when i export it and open the webicon its get wayy to Big and is in full screeen and look verry blurry and its no banner any more ??

Can somebody give some advise what to do??
I am used wit Ae because i make booktrailers.. but Flash is new for my and i really dont know how to get a file 40/70 kb ( the original from AE is like 400 the latest good one, wich i like to deliver )

And learning flash from scratch is a pain, but maybe no other way to do it..... but if some body got another option, i like to hear it...

Thank you in advance...

Return to posts index

Marjolein van Diejen
Re: When Expporting from Flash , dimensions are fullscreen??
on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:48:38 pm

The banner isn't actually full screen, but because you open it in a web page it is automatically resized. Normally you would add some html which keeps it the right size. That won't change how large the file is though.

Your best bet here is probably to recreate the banner in Flash from scratch. It will probably make quite a difference in file size, depending upon the banner ofcourse. Video really adds to the file size.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, go to your Publish Settings in Flash and turn down the .jpeg quality. This will lower the quality, but it will also reduce the filesize. It is probably not enough, but it is worth a shot,

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on Feb 14, 2011 at 1:25:28 am

Halloo Marjolein,

Alles goed??

Thanks for your reply.
Yeah my webdesigner already told me about that, the viewing in iE that it would be widscreen.

I've strugled with the http://www and found some intresting sites with more info, just like you said about the Jpeg quality !!

Still got some questions about adding some text, the file keeps getting almost, in my case with one layer and 2 words up with 55kb.
That is over my limith for delivery.

And i have read that a banner should'nt exceed 40kb.
So that's a dilimma, for mee because most of the banners i will make wil be with text...arggg...

But i see althose nice banners with words flying in and outand nice backgrounds.. with gradients and so and ask my self, how come the can do that?? Also on the site of creative cow i see althose banners,cool and flashy.... could it be that they exceed the 40kb and deliver on a higher weigft of the SWF???

Thanks any way for the help...al help is welcom!!!

blessings,

Anilio

Return to posts index

Marjolein van Diejen
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:31:42 pm

I think that those banners have been created in Flash without importing images. So the text was created in Flash and the gradients too.

Perhaps you can upload the .fla (in cs4 format) somewhere, so that I can take a look to see if I can optimize it a bit?

Return to posts index

Anilio Sweet
on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:51:52 pm

Ho there once again,

Euhh, no, i dont think so.. or it could and they have some tricks to keep te file size small, even with creating text.

I did some test, and i saw that if i only typ two words with a blank background that the size of those two words was about 57 kb???

And i need to put everything in 40/70kb so typing words in flash is no option for me??
Can you do some test, perhaps..if it is also so for you so when creating text that the file size go's way up. even when i say not to embed the text typ, it is soo??

Whell all help is welcome.. dont know how to deliver you the file... dont know if this is permitted bu my mail is aniliobiharie and then you can ad hot mail.

Thanks for the replying

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]