FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mp3 player

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mualzim Muhammad
Mp3 player
on Feb 3, 2011 at 5:54:15 pm

why does my mp3 player work on my computer but not when i launch it onto the net?.. I have 4 on the page and the all have the same coding except for the xml song lists.. only one plays tho and the others register titles but no sound... the site is mhsfamily.com... HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!! lol thnx..

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: Mp3 player
on Feb 4, 2011 at 9:00:28 am

I can't see a stop button on those players.

So when you say they work locally, do you mean each player individually works locally, or do you mean the overall container + 4 players works locally ..?

When you say the same coding, you have changed the name of each different instance (in each player) of whatever sound object you are using to play the mp3 ..?

Because each player is contained in your bigger overall swf, the players may be using the same name space - worth checking and testing.

Return to posts index

Mualzim Muhammad
on Feb 4, 2011 at 2:00:00 pm

First, thanks for the insight! very highly appreciated.

yes, locally everything works fine. i figured with a pause button i didnt really need a stop button.. (wrong?.. lol)

no i havent changed any instance names. i created one player and just changed the title and cd image.

I used a tutorial to create the player so im not sure what u mean by "the instance of the SOUND OBJECT"...

thnx.

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Feb 4, 2011 at 4:50:54 pm

Well, if everything is working fine locally it may be just a case of making sure all your files and mp3 files are correctly loaded / uploaded onto your remote server, in the right folder relative to your swf, and with no nasty changes in capital letters or spaces in the file names, which can sometimes happen on upload.

If that doesn't fix it, then we might have to think again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]