FORUMS: list search recent posts

Retrieving Text from a AS3 .swf

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Goin
Retrieving Text from a AS3 .swf
on Jan 22, 2011 at 9:57:08 am

I made a big mistake yesterday, I was in the process of making a Language Flashcard style program in Flash CS5, and after writing out the the first two introduction pages and 4 menu pages, I realized that Actionscript 3.0 is too complicated for me. So in changing back to 2.0, I accidentily saved over the original .fla as a 2.0 document, but when I opened it... all my text was gone.

So now the only thing I have from the original 3.0 fla is its exported .swf. The script I used in it was faulty (AS3 so complicated!) and I can't move forward to the next frame (this is why I switched back to 2.0), so I can't retrieve or even read the text from the following 5 frames to copy into my AS 2.0 .FLA.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get that text out or at least read it? I am le sad.

Return to posts index

Edward Goin
Re: Retrieving Text from a AS3 .swf
on Jan 22, 2011 at 12:48:48 pm

Turns out that the text information while not visible was actually there. All I had to do was hit copy and paste on select frame and then it copied the invisible text (TLF format, not supported by AS2) and converted it back to classic when I pasted it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved