FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash <-> Database communication

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brodd Nesset
Flash <-> Database communication
on Jan 21, 2011 at 12:41:01 pm

Hi! I'm looking for a prototype which I can use to get a project going...
It should be a simple but very clear demonstration on how to affect content (data) IN a published SWF and also how one can send manipulated data OUT from the SWF, to be updated and stored in the database.

The in-betweener here would probably be Javascript. So:
- Database application generates Html-page with Flash in it, and also some JavaScript with data for the SWF-file to pick up.
- The SWF picks up the data from JavaScript in the page, and displays then visually somehow (be that text, number data for graphs, urls...). In this area I feel I'm on safe ground.
- The SWF sends out new / manipulated data, and triggers JavaScripts in the Html page to pick this up. I feel pretty confident here too.
- (Probably triggered by a JavaScript) A server application stores the data in the database. In the next session, this is the data that will be used for a new round.

As indicated, it's the outer parts - the server side - where I'm blank. What I'm looking for is either a demo site, preferably running on .NET - or some tutorial or even litterature. It doesn't need to be anything fancy a all - I just need a proof of concept.
I've seen front ends of hotel booking sites that uses this technology, and there's plenty other examples too. I need a peek behind the stage, in a very down to earth way; i.e. just a basic round trip of the technology in a real application.

Thanks in advance!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]