FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie Importing FLV question

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Newbie Importing FLV question
on Jan 4, 2011 at 10:29:52 pm

Are there any good bullet point step by step tutorials out there without all the fluff?

*Do this
*Do this
*Do this

If there are, that would be the best. As I am in an environment surrounded by higher ups that ask me to do things at a moments notice even if we rarely work with a certain program.. like Flash.

Sorry for this, I know yall hate requests like this, but my manager just asked me to get a video off youtube, and make it usable for his own presentation. It's our own video, but the original master is gone (long story) and all that's left is what's on youtube. I downloaded the video as a FLV file.

First when I try to open an FLV file FL will not recognize the file. It's greyed out.

So I select "All Files" so that it's enabled to be clicked on.

I get the "Import Video" box with different options to choose from.

The FLV file is on my computer

I select the File Path (and then again have to do the above , selecting all files option).

I select Load external video with playback component (this time, last time I chose the other opotion and it did not work).

I click Next..

Then it asks me to select the skin of the player.

I just click continue with the one that's already selected.

Then it shows a follow up import view.

So I click "Finish"

The window pops up with the FL icon in the middle of the window, but the FLV file will not play.

This is a file I got off our own YouTube site I'm wanting to convert to an MOV file.

Thanks for any direction.

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: Newbie Importing FLV question
on Jan 5, 2011 at 2:12:12 pm

All of the downloaders that you use to download FLVs from youtube and the like also give you the option to then convert the file to wmv, avi, or some other extension. Honestly, that's what I'd do. Then you could import the file into your boss's powerpoint.

Also, there is a free player called Riva that plays FLV files. You can find it here:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved