FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking SWF Files To A Flash Button

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Kennedy
Linking SWF Files To A Flash Button
on Dec 9, 2010 at 7:48:42 pm

I am currently building a flash website. I have most everything running through the index.fla file, including the x and y position, the rotation, the tweens, all the move content, and the clicks to the other sections, including portfolio, music, and about.

However, within my portfolio section I am needing to link to a buttons. i have 3 sections within the portfolio i'd like to connect. I have text, clickable buttons already made for "t-shirt" (labeled tshirt_btn as the instance name), "professional" (labeled professional_btn), and "CD" (labeled cd_btn). However all of those sections (already built but in a separate .fla and .swf files in the same folder as everything else) are already built, coded to the correct thumbnail, picture, and already has a scrollpane, they just need to be linked to the correct tag. I am not sure how to link these already made .fla files to a button within a existing .fla file. Can someone help me, please? I took on the chance of learning fla as a "foot in the door" to other forms of code, and this is my first attempt, so anything would help.

info you might need:
i'm running CS4 and am on a mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved