FORUMS: list search recent posts

not exporting right (quicktime)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Omar Itani
not exporting right (quicktime)
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:05:11 pm

when ever i export my project, it doesnt export right. some traces of the last couple of frames are present. also it seems to stick on some frames. but when i test my movie in adobe flash, it is fine.

(this is just a small portion of my movie to show an example of the problems i've been getting)

CS4 Export settings:
quicktime movie
compression type: animation
millions of color
1100 by 800
frame rate: 24

i have experimented a lot with the export settings and nothing seems to be working. i even downloaded a trial version of cs5 and exported it from their and that didnt work either. HELP!!!

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: not exporting right (quicktime)
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:22:44 pm

I wonder how and why you chose those output settings ?

To play back such a big picture size (1100 x 800) with animation compression - very high quality but very big files - will stress even a fast system and hard disc. I'd guess your output mov must be very large? Are you sure the file is not correct (if you step through it frame by frame in e.g. FCP) rather than just playing back erratically?

More on QT compression formats might help you http://www.ehow.com/list_6752577_types-quicktime-compression.html

Return to posts index

Omar Itani
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:34:29 pm

i have exported it in 550 x 400 and have got the same results. what do you mean when you say the file not correct?
thanks

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:40:48 pm

What I mean is, is the file itself ok when examined frame by frame?

Another thought for you : is your Flash movie at the same 24fps as your export ?

Return to posts index

Omar Itani
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:53:52 pm

quicktime file is still NOT okay when examined frame by frame.
document was at 24 fps, which is the default for adobe flash

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:15:11 pm

You could try the suggestions here http://ask.metafilter.com/133875/Flash-CS4-Quicktime-Export-leaves-artifact...

Return to posts index

Omar Itani
on Nov 23, 2010 at 9:37:23 pm

Yeah I was actually already doing that (exporting an image sequence, importing into QuickTime pro, and then exporting to whatever format). But I just thought that i could save my self some time by exporting straight to QuickTime. but thanks for the post, i thought this problem was unique to me but I guess I may not be doing anything wrong sense other people have the same problem. I guess it is just flash's QuickTime conversion that sucks. If anyone feels otherwise please comment!

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Nov 24, 2010 at 9:10:48 am

It does look like a wider problem. I rarely use QT export and have had no issues, though it's clear from the web that you are far from alone.

I wonder if it's worth a call to Adobe tech support - there may be a known issue affecting some configurations / hardware setups / some subset of Flash installations, and they may have a fix or workaround. And if they don't know about the issue, it would be good for them to learn !

All best

Return to posts index

Omar Itani
on Nov 25, 2010 at 5:16:00 am

already ahead of you. i called them about the issue about a month ago and the guy on the phone with me just walked me through basic solutions for troubleshooting. didn't help any.

but maybe it was just the tech guy that didn't know....i guess its worth a call back.

Return to posts index

Jane James
on Dec 19, 2010 at 12:45:09 pm

OMG. I've been looking ALL over for someone to help me with this exact same problem. I've tried everything, I've searched everywhere and now I have hope since I found your thread. I too, have contacted adobe's customer service and I got an indian accented guy that I didn't understand what he was saying.

Anyway, I'm beyond frustrated with this problem and have began to lose hope on fixing it. Please, if you have figured out the solution to this reply back to me and tell me how you fixed it...I will be eternally grateful.

Return to posts index

Omar Itani
on Dec 19, 2010 at 11:32:15 pm

haha. the guy i got had an indian accent too. too funny. maybe we got the same person.

well anyway i never found a solution but instead i found a work around fix. export out as a PNG sequence (not a quicktime), import the image sequence into quicktime pro, and then you can export as whatever you want (prores works well).

i also exported the audio out as a quicktime file (you will need to experiment with different compressions). then i imported both audio and video into final cut so i could sync both up and then i exported again as a prores

Return to posts index

Jane James
on Dec 21, 2010 at 4:08:39 am

Ahhhhhh your brilliant, thank you so much for the solution :-) happy holidays to you.

Return to posts index

Omar Itani
on Dec 31, 2010 at 7:01:28 am

did everything work out?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]