FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash website

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louie Molina
Flash website
on Nov 4, 2010 at 4:21:25 pm

Guys, I bought a flash website template and the swf file has a button on the bottom to expand the whole site. My problem is I don't know how make it work. It works fine, if I just look at the file. But, I can't figure out how to include on a page using Dreamweaver to open up as a full site. does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Flash website
on Nov 5, 2010 at 2:37:28 pm

well i don't know about bought templates - they can be buggy and difficult to customize.

but if you have a swf in your html page that you want to have the ability to make full screen,
you need to do 2 things: 1 is to have a button coded in your swf to do this, AND you need to have this parameter in your embed code in your html file:
param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"
it normally needs to go in 2 places in the html, but it all depends on how you embed the swf in the html. use swfobject2 and/or a code generator to make it real easy:

other than that you need to code the button. you can see this article from ErrorLive for an explanation of the code and some good info ( although they leave out the detail of telling you to prepare the html file....)
this is the code they give:

fullScreenBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, toggleFullScreen);
function toggleFullScreen(evt:MouseEvent):void
this.stage.displayState = this.stage.displayState == StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN ? StageDisplayState.NORMAL : StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

Return to posts index

Louie Molina
Re: Flash website
on Nov 5, 2010 at 3:06:08 pm

Thank you very much. That did it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved