FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does anybody know how to view action scripts online?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chanakan Sritawip
Does anybody know how to view action scripts online?
on Oct 15, 2010 at 11:04:58 am

Hello all,

I deleted my original FLA file from my hard drive that I've been working on more than 2 years by mistake.
I've downloaded a SWF file from server and converted it to FLA file by using SWF Decompiler application (a free version) which gave me all objects (movie items, button, image, shapes). I've lost all my text objects (can't make any changes) and of course action scripts too.

I really need to update my site but without action scripts I feel like I have to make a new site from scratch again.
So, does anybody know how to recover action scripts or see them online from website?

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

My site is still up and running but no updating at all at the moment because I've no FLA file to edit it. PLEASE HELP!
**I used action scripts 2.

Thanks in advanced.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Does anybody know how to view action scripts online?
on Oct 20, 2010 at 2:01:15 pm

sorry to say there is no perfect way to do this . you can try some of the swf decompilers, but i am told they are better at extracting the elements than getting the code. maybe someone with more experience with the decompilers can chime in. perhaps they have advanced and improved since i last looked into them.

guess its a good time to remind everyone to backup, backup and backup.

TIP: for a while now, i have been uploading my FLAs to my clients' servers,along with the SWFs, so when they call and ask to change a swf from a long time ago, i don't have to dig around my files for it - i can retrieve it right from their server if needed.

Return to posts index

chanakan Sritawip
Re: Does anybody know how to view action scripts online?
on Oct 20, 2010 at 2:16:32 pm

Thanks for the tip demetri tashie. :)

I used SWF decompiler and yes, I've got all of my elements but just noticed that they are all in low quality as well. So I've to import all of them in again. :(

I've managed to write some scripts to control movies and just found a program called "flare". I just drop my SWF in it and it will show all action scripts in one file. Now I can see my scripts but still have to work with time line and layer etc. But at least I got them. :)

I'm telling myself every minute now - Backup Backup Backup!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]