FORUMS: list search recent posts

cs3 video encoder: audio failure for no apparent reason

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joachim Siegert
cs3 video encoder: audio failure for no apparent reason
on Oct 8, 2010 at 8:01:26 am

I'm converting a bunch of .mov files to .flv using CS3 video encoder and in some of the exported .flv's, the audio fails at a certain moment.

Example for failed audio:
At about 1:30, the audio stops working.

Details for .mov file: I edited the whole project in DV PAL but the files I feed into Video Converter are made using the Quick Time LAN/Intranet preset in Final Cut batch export: 640*480px, H.264, AAC audio 2 channels 48kHz, 25fps

Settings for Flash Video Converter: flash 8, 700kbps video, on2vp6 codec, 12fps, 128kbps MP3 audio.

The .mov file from which I made the failed .flv above works fine (no sound issues there). Exporting this .mov to flash 8, 400kbps video, on2vp6 codec, 12fps, 128kbps MP3 audio resulted in the same audio failure at 1:30. Exporting the audio only without video encoding from the same .mov to .flv worked just fine.

I can't see anything unusual about the movie at 1:30 when taking a look at the edits in the FCP time line.

I fixed another sequence with the same issue by filling an audio gap that my edits had left around the point where the audio later failed in the .flv - but there are no such gaps at all in the example above.

In short, I have no clue what causes these audio failures (one third of my videos are affected) and since the shortest affected sequence is 5'35'', I'd lose a lot of time if I were to systematically test different settings for the h.264 export and the subsequent .flv encoding.

Anyone have a guess what's going on here?

Return to posts index

Joachim Siegert
Re: cs3 video encoder: audio failure for no apparent reason
on Oct 18, 2010 at 7:10:24 am

Just for the record, I still haven't figured out what happened there but using the CS5 Media Encoder instead of the CS3 Video Converter has made the issue disappear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved