FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects to Flash To Web

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alberto ibarra
After Effects to Flash To Web
on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:47:14 pm

I am having some issue compressing a 20 second video/animation I made in After Effects>exported to XFL > Opened in Flash into less than 1mb.
The file is 315x300 pixels and it goes only down to 2.45mb.
how can i compress this even lower? Is there any good articles/tutorials on after effects/flash video compressing for web?

I appreciate all replies!

Regards,
Alberto

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: After Effects to Flash To Web
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:18:45 am

Hi! You may know all of this - but this is what I do: Composition/Make Movie (I don't use the 'File/Export' function!), then set the Output Module to the FLV format (FLV = Flash's native video format). In the quality settings I dial in for instance 320 kbps for the video part, and 80 kbps for audio. Combined this is 400 kbps. Converted from KiloBits to KiloBytes this is 50 of 'em per second, and at 20 seconds: 1 MB in total. You can't expect the compressor to hit this figure exactly, but pretty close.
With these compression settings on your window size, this should give you a good, quite crisp video.

You do need a 'video player' of some sort to play this file; make your own SWF or look up something readymade.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

alberto ibarra
Re: After Effects to Flash To Web
on Oct 15, 2010 at 3:29:14 pm

Thanks! It did take down the size considerably without too much quality loss.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]