FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracing Bitmap- Applying Effect to Next Keyframe Shortcut

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laneya Wiles
Tracing Bitmap- Applying Effect to Next Keyframe Shortcut
on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:05:24 pm

I hope someone can help me, I have an image sequence in my timeline in Flash CS3. I traced the bitmap of my first keyframe and would like to know the shortcut to apply that same action to the rest of my (559) keyframes without doing it manually. I used to know this trick, I learned it back in my animation class years ago, and now, all of my notes are gone. I need to know this since this project is due soon in a festival. ANY help you can give me is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Tracing Bitmap- Applying Effect to Next Keyframe Shortcut
on Oct 5, 2010 at 12:44:36 am

i guess you are asking how to create a custom shortcut in CS3?

first open the history panel by going to Window-->Other Panels -->History or by hitting Command + F10 ( at least on a mac you do it hat way...)

now that the panel is open, select an image and go ahead and trace it as a bitmap by going to
Modify-->Bitmap-->Trace as Bitmap.
once it is traced, you will see the Trace Bitmap that appears in the History Panel. highlight that. then click the 'file' icon that is for 'save the selected steps as a command'. yours will be only this one setp.
give it a name. you can now locate that command from Commands -->whateveryounamedit as

then go to Flash-->Keyboard Shortcuts, find the Drawing Menu Commands, then look for Commands, and then find your named command under that. then assign it a short cut key combination - it must contain the command key, and it has to be a unique combination.

that's it - now for all other images you can just select the image, hit your new keyboard shortcut, and sit back and wait for it to perform the command.

hope that helps...

Return to posts index

Laneya Wiles
Re: Tracing Bitmap- Applying Effect to Next Keyframe Shortcut
on Oct 5, 2010 at 12:54:31 am

Thank you so much! Yes, it does answer my question. I appreciate it. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]