FORUMS: list search recent posts

Writing Xml content for flash website

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Bell
Writing Xml content for flash website
on Sep 9, 2010 at 10:15:13 am

Hello all!
I must confess i am new to all this flash and xml, html, coding etc.

Heres where i stand.
I have successfully created my webpages and working navigation bar that goes to desired page.
what i am wanting to do write the website content (about me, services, portfolio text etc etc)using XML, then have flash pull the info from the xml to use it in the body of the website.

i have searched and searched for the right tutorial but i have had no success.

can anyone help me??... either code advice or links to tutes, even a better way of doing things?
I AM OPEN TO ANY ADVICE..

I hope i have been specific enough.

Thanks to everyone who reads this

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: Writing Xml content for flash website
on Sep 10, 2010 at 10:50:49 am

I've found several receipes for this, for instance in the AS3 Cookbook. Unfortunately I am not at the computer where I have stored my examples now, but basically there are two things you need to do:
- Import the XML and extract its content. This may look complex in a tutorial, but it's a very stringent procedure with a clear logic (horray for AS3!), and if you also takes the time to learn how to write reuasable code, you only need to do this once - really.
- Format the XML correctly. This is where I'd like to have an example. In an XML file you can have nodes containing text strings, but there is also a way to tell for instance Flash that this isn't just text, but HTML text. It's simple, but you need to get it right. With this in place you can use some HTML-formatting like bold text style and bullet points, and Flash's text field will display this just like a proper webpage should.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]