FORUMS: list search recent posts

decent graphic-tablet (recommendation+advice)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dawud Ali
decent graphic-tablet (recommendation+advice)
on Sep 3, 2010 at 5:14:25 pm

hi guys

i really need to get my hands a graphic tablet. i don't have a job and I'm a student so i don't want to spend too much but I'm aware good G.tabs aren't cheep.

reason/ use: 'precision' drawing for hobby and possibly serious projects.

more importantly i loved drawing as a kid and i still do but i rarely manage to draw these days. i think working with digital mediums is a great way forward in my situation.

specification:
-size A4
-balance between coast and quality
-price: basically don't want to spend more than £100 maybe slightly more, around £60-£80 if possible.

i've seen the waccoms but they're close to 200. i think the genius is quite good but is it.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: decent graphic-tablet (recommendation+advice)
on Sep 3, 2010 at 7:00:51 pm

Possibly not something you'll like to hear, but when it comes to tablets, nothing comes close to a wacom, and they are certainly worth the extra buck... and like you said, don't settle for anything under A4.

If you'll be doing some more serious projects later, think of it as an investment, I can almost guarantee you that you won't be disappointed. One project should make up for the cost at any rate. :)

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dawud Ali
Re: decent graphic-tablet (recommendation+advice)
on Sep 6, 2010 at 1:47:58 am

WHAAAAAAAAAT. i'll have to win money or tablet in comps, or raise the money or eat into my grant O.o what a predicament.

yeah i know that wacom's are the best more or so and probably leading in g.tab technology

A6 £190
A5 £340
A4 £400

A6= good for hobby but is this too small and restrictive of work pace for projects, i mean it's small)

i agree with seeing it as an investment but at the same time i might never use it professionally, so
do u know any 'good' low end tabs or know someone who might? i can at least get used using a tablet before i can afford and jump onto a wacom.

Tanks

PS
do know of any good, very clear and simple web links book to understanding scripting on CS4 flash (the very basic stuff to get started). i can't get anything working with the tutorials i've looked. (action script3 i eventually wanted to learn how make flash games for the web, or applications)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]