FORUMS: list search recent posts

.flv will not play once uploaded to server

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonathan young
.flv will not play once uploaded to server
on Aug 7, 2010 at 4:44:48 am

I have a flash template that I bought and customized with dreamweaver, flash and Coda html editor, the website test PERFECTLY when I test the index.html file, all of the buttons work fine, I have a total of 12 .flv videos and they ALL play back fine, when I play the index.html file, the problem occurs when I upload the files to my godaddy server, 11 of the videos play fine, the whole site is fine, it is one particular .flv file that will not play once it is uploaded to the server. I have changed the orders the video play, renamed the file and changed the html flv path to reflect the name change, I have deleted all the files off my server, refreshed the server logged out and re logged on and uploaded everything again, I have re-encoded the original .mov file to a .flv file again using Adobe media encoder, still nothing, I am wondering why would the index.html play this particular .flv file fine, but once uploaded to the server it will not play, the path is correct I have checked it, if the path were the problem the index.html for that particular file would not play when I test the index.html file before I upload it, but it plays fine until it is uploaded, I am uploading the whole folder on the root, and this particular video file is in a folder with all the rest of the .flv files, I even tried changing the path and putting this particular .flv file in a seperate folder and change the path still nothing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]