FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Flash Media Playback" compatibility

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Crews
"Flash Media Playback" compatibility
on Aug 7, 2010 at 2:53:21 am

I'm a Media100 editor guy and don't mess much with Flash, so I hope this isn't an odd question.
I do have to put demo movies on my website (which I'm remaking) and I just read about Adobe's release of the free movie player "Flash Media Playback". I'm on a Mac system, and with the recent stories I've heard about Apple vs. Adobe, I'm wondering if this player will be compatible with people who come to my site on an iPad or other Mac computer? Does anyone have any info about this player beyond the specs hype from Adobe?

Thanks much.

David

David P. Crews
CrewsCreative
Post Production - Motion Graphics - Original Music
http://www.CrewsCreative.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: "Flash Media Playback" compatibility
on Aug 7, 2010 at 7:47:15 am

I haven't read about flash media playback, but judging by the title I think it's safe to assume that it runs on flash technology, so no, people with an iPod will not be able to view your player... other alternatives ofcourse are Quicktime players or possibly an html 5 video player, although not every browser supports this feature...

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]