FORUMS: list search recent posts

From Powerpoint to FLA

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Arenz
From Powerpoint to FLA
on Jul 8, 2010 at 9:12:35 pm

I've got a project coming up with 600 Powerpoint slides that need to be incorporated into a flash presentation for the web.

Usually import it into Keynote, make a swf then import the swf into the Flash presentation, but the results are usually terrible or so wildly wrong (upside-down nonsense text) that I end up just copy/pasting every text element in the whole thing. But in this case, I fear I will lose my mind. in the process. The products I've found that say they do PPT->FLA conversions only do Powerpoint to SWF which really isn't the issue.

Any suggestions?

My first guess is to copy all the text out and push it all into an xml file and deal with it as data rather than slides laid out in Flash.

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
Re: From Powerpoint to FLA
on Jul 9, 2010 at 3:49:01 am

Adobe Captivate can import PowerPoint presentations into its own format. It maintains some text animations and transitions and it can be edited inside the program. Then you can export the presentation as a swf.

I hope this helps

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

Mark Arenz
on Jul 9, 2010 at 12:22:06 pm

If all I wanted to do was export the deck as swf I could use Keynote. What I'm trying to do is convert the PPT into a Flash project file so I can add other material and code before exporting it to swf for the web.

Return to posts index

Fernando Mol
on Jul 9, 2010 at 12:52:21 pm

Captivate can export the project to be opened in Flash.

I haven't do that but here are the official details. Maybe you can try and share your experience:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/captivate/cp/using/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119...

*Always share a link to your site and rate the posts. This is a free service for you and for us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]