FORUMS: list search recent posts

making a slideshow in flash or a video editor

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Myers
making a slideshow in flash or a video editor
on Jun 11, 2010 at 11:36:19 pm

Hey guys, I need a little help with a flash movie for my website. I'm trying to create an automatic slideshow for my website's homepage. I have about 15 pictures that I want cycled through on a loop with dissolves and I want to retain the quality of the images. I have the Adobe suite but I'm not an expert in anything but Photoshop. I used Sony Vegas to create an mpeg-4 flash file that I tried to turn into a shockwave file but it looked terrible. I wouldn't mind if the file was a video file as long as there are no controls on the player, it loops, and it starts automatically. Any ideas?

I've seen tutorials on creating the slideshow in Fireworks but that makes the dissolves look crappy and I have trouble fitting that into Dreamweaver. Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeff Myers

Return to posts index

Rachel Broomfield
Re: making a slideshow in flash or a video editor
on Dec 13, 2010 at 7:17:26 pm

Jeff,
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm trying to do the same thing. Any insight would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jeff Myers
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:12:06 pm

Well, I'm a complete newbie with anything flash, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. I think what I ended up doing was just make a video file of the photos and proper transitions in a video editor, and then I converted the .mp4 or .avi file into an .flv file with some generic file converter. I can't remember how well it worked. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Jeff

Return to posts index

Rachel Broomfield
on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:48:33 pm

Hi, Jeff.
Thank you for your reply. I did finally figure it out, and I still have all of my hair :). Anyway I thought I would add what I did to make it work. Maybe it can help someone else.

I used ActionScript 3.0

1. Create a new ActionScript 3.0
2. In the dropdown "File" Select "Import to Library"
3. The pictures go to the "Library" which is found on the right side of the screen.
4. Click on the Library tab and you have all of the pics there.
5. Toward the bottom left there are tabs "Timeline, Compiler Errors, Motion Editor"
6. Click on the "Timeline" tab.
7. Automatically you should be in "layer 1"
8. To the right on that same line are a bunch of Vertical Rectangular boxes. Every 5 one has a number above it beginning with 1, then 5, then 10, etc.
9. The first box can be your first picture. (if you are still in the "Library" on the right side, great. If not, reopoen "library"
10. Drag and drop your first picture to the stage. (Your "stage" is the blank, white square directly in the center of the screen).
11. between your stage and the library there is a column that contains some buttons. in Flash CS5 you want to choose the 3rd one down "Align".
12. Click on "Align" and in the top row of the box that appears click on "Align Horizontal Center" and "Align Vertical Center"

Now to add the rest of the pictures.....

13. Back on the "Timeline" right click on the rectangle with the number "50" above it. Select "Insert Blank Keyframe" (the rectangle you right click on isn't super important unless you are adding animation. I chose 50 to slow down the images in the player.)
14. While still at the keyframe just created repeat steps 10 and then 12.

15. Continue to repeat steps 13, 10 and then 12 until all images are loaded.

16. Now click on the drop down "File" and select "Export Movie"
17. Name the movie and click "ok"

This worked perfect for me because I use Dreamweaver too. So now in Dreamweaver (on the page that I wanted the player to appear on) I chose to "Insert, Media, SWF" then selected the movie that I just exported.

Hopefully this will help someone. Y'all have helped me so much.

Return to posts index

Rachel Broomfield
on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:55:29 pm

I just posted a step by step "how to".... Not sure how I figured it out without loosing any hair, but I did. If you still need help, let me know. And have since created several players (just to test hyperlinks) and each player worked perfectly.

How did you get the "dissolve" animation?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]