FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Horizontal Scrolling Menu

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tilden Jones
Flash Horizontal Scrolling Menu
on Apr 28, 2010 at 10:51:16 pm

Need help or tutorial links in making a looping Horizontal Scrolling menu in flash 8. Want to achieve this effect like this

Return to posts index

norman jutie
Re: Flash Horizontal Scrolling Menu
on Apr 29, 2010 at 6:50:06 pm

wow, are you teaching this, i want to have this effect on my website. hope you can teach me. i look forward to seeing your tutorial links.

expats in france
flea markets in france

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Flash Horizontal Scrolling Menu
on Apr 29, 2010 at 8:11:26 pm

this effect is actually fairly easy to accomplish. there are several ways you can approach it, of course.

i think i have actaully written directions/tutorial on this for someone recently , as i have these 2 examples built and can't remember why: and

they are both built using greensock's excellent tween engine, TweenLite:

i will look for my write up on them if i can, but basically it is just a long horizontal movieclip symbol, that has other movieclip symbols nested inside of it to act as the 'buttons'.

the parent clip ( the long horizontal movieclip) is on the main stage and is masked out to just reveal however much you want to show.

back and forward buttons are scripted with event listeners - mouse over or clicks, whichever you want. thier functions use TweenLite to move their X position.

the nested movieclips( those acting as 'buttons' ) are further scripted if wanted to perform a function ( navigation, etc )

that's really all there is to it. hope that gives you things to think about.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved