FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV gone after I publish

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Meher
FLV gone after I publish
on Apr 18, 2010 at 7:54:05 pm

I'm having a problem. I have Flash CS4. I have a website created in flash. I have a video (.flv) in which I imported to one of my pages within my flash site.

Now, after I publish the site (swf and html), I open the html page up in dreamweaver. Nowhere, ANYWHERE, is there any evidence of that flv file being in the html code. I also "Preview in browser" and I, of course, get nothing. When I upload it to the server, I uploaded the flv file, the swf, the .js files, the skin used for the player, etc.

I have tried publishing with different players (Flash Player 8, 9, 10). I am using AS2. I have Local playback security set to: Access network only.

After I import the flv to flash, then "Test Movie", it plays with no problem. The problem occurs when I publish it and look for it in dw and online.

Everything else works fine. I've even tried to make some noticeable changes to certain pages the publishing and uploading, to make sure the upload is actually taking. And it is.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

I'm having a problem. I have Flash CS4. I have a website created in flash. I have a video (.flv) in which I imported to one of my pages within my flash site.

Now, after I publish the site (swf and html), I open the html page up in dreamweaver. Nowhere, ANYWHERE, is there any evidence of that flv file being in the html code. I also "Preview in browser" and I, of course, get nothing. When I upload it to the server, I uploaded the flv file, the swf, the .js files, the skin used for the player, etc.

I have tried publishing with different players (Flash Player 8, 9, 10). I am using AS2. I have Local playback security set to: Access network only.

After I import the flv to flash, then "Test Movie", it plays with no problem. The problem occurs when I publish it and look for it in dw and online.

Everything else works fine. I've even tried to make some noticeable changes to certain pages the publishing and uploading, to make sure the upload is actually taking. And it is.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: FLV gone after I publish
on Apr 21, 2010 at 1:04:38 pm

A possible cause of your trouble might be relative paths. Is the flv in the same folder at your web server, relative to the html and swf files, as it is on your local machine ..?

Another early-days source of trouble can be upper case, lower case and spaces - have you checked the flv has the same name, case and spacing arrangements after uploading as before (some ftp clients force everything to lower case by default, and some servers don't easily handle spaces in files names ..)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]