FORUMS: list search recent posts

run time armature registration

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Kaufman
run time armature registration
on Mar 23, 2010 at 8:22:42 pm

So I have a pretty noob flash question. Have a movie with a run time armature in it, its very basic. Got it to work in my test file perfectly. Created the real one in my main timeline, tested the movie, and of course it doesn't work. After pulling my hair out trying to figure out why, finally figured out that if your armatures are not on frame one they don't work unless you "register" them. So the real problem is I have no idea how to do this. Guessing some script but have no idea what it needs to be. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: run time armature registration
on Mar 24, 2010 at 7:33:43 am

Please explain...

It is true that you can't access elements on Stage at all unless you have given them an instance name first. F.I. dragging a MovieClip onto Stage and trying to access it with MovieClip.x = 100; will result in an error. However naming the instance myMovieClip1 or whatever ... and then myMovieClip1.x = 100; will work. This is a typical n00b error I guess, and it even happens to more experienced developers; especially naming instances with typos...

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

Nick Kaufman
on Mar 24, 2010 at 4:31:06 pm

I should have posted this last night when I got it figured out but I was done with it at that point and figured I would come back today.

To clarify a bit, I was referring to an an armature created using the bone tool. BTW, these are already given an instance name (armature_1, armature_2, etc) which is pretty nice. You can choose to make your armature runtime, meaning that the end user gets to control it.

The problem I was having is that my runtime armature was on frame 30, and for some reason if it is not on frame 1 you need to tell flash that it is there. By adding the following script flash registered the armature and not it works.

import fl.ik.*;

var cover:IKArmature = IKManager.getArmatureByName("cover");
IKManager.trackIKArmature(cover, true)

Return to posts index

Te Ingram
on Apr 16, 2010 at 2:05:36 am

Hi nick

I am having the same problem... I tried putting in the code you provided but it still didn't work? What was the rest of your code to allow the runtime armature to work?

Thanks so much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved