FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for a magical piece of AS2 or AS3

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan LaCloche
looking for a magical piece of AS2 or AS3
on Mar 16, 2010 at 1:40:54 pm

I have a project that hinges on a piece of AS. Could be done in AS2 or AS3 I think. I'm not an expert.

Here's what I'm looking for:

I have a map of a city. This map has different buildings, houses, etc. I want there to be 27 'hot spots' on the map (like a building or other landmark). When a user clicks on a building that is a 'hot spot', the map scales up to around 300% (whatever feels right) and 'zooms in' on that building(the map would scale and change position to center the building on stage). The scale-up should be pretty fast (1 second) with ease into the end of the scale-up. When the scale-up is complete, a pop-up text bubble with about 3-4 lines of text describing the building should pop in. When the user is done reading it they should click again to get rid of the text bubble and scale-down the map, back to its original size and position.

This should happen for all 27 'hot spots'.

I can build all the text bubbles and map as movie clips, I just need the action script to make it all work.

Does anyone have an example or advice?

Thanks!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: looking for a magical piece of AS2 or AS3
on Mar 16, 2010 at 3:08:40 pm

hi dan,

i know you said that tongue-in-cheek, but there is no 'magical' piece of code to make this happen.

it is very doable - i've done some very large projects which work in such a manner. work is the operative word here.

you are asking for an example and advice.

an example in its most simplified version can be seen here:
ww.demetri-media.com/FlashTalker/mapZoom.swf
this is just an example. it is not meant to be pretty nor polished, just to show basic functionality without other distractions.

the advice is to work with scripted tweens ( BTW i don't use Flash's Tween class. i use TweenLite from Greensock: http://www.greensock.com/tweenlite/ it is amazing. and it is free ! - but don't forget to contribute to these guys once you realize how much you will use it ! ). also be sure to keep your logic and flow of the project very simple and clear. also, i only use AS3.

there are several components you can buy out there to do something similar - but the coding is not hard at all in and of itself ( don't tell that to my clients ....). i see it more of an organizational challenge than a coding challenge.

Return to posts index

Dan LaCloche
on Mar 17, 2010 at 1:03:40 pm

That is what I'm looking for. Do you have any availability to work on my project? What would it cost?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Mar 17, 2010 at 2:05:35 pm

hi dan-

i am sure i would be glad to help you. i don't discuss business on the forums though. if you want to contact me and give me more details, you can write me at : tdemetri at earth link dot net.

all mail there goes into spam filter. so if i don't respond right away you can follow the instructions to request to get through.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]