FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Soundboard

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rich eames
Video Soundboard
on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:14:33 pm

I've been looking all around for something similar to a flash soundboard but to use with video clips as well.

The Star Wars website has a flash page with the ability to string together a bunch of audio files within a timeline and email to friends. It gave me an idea that we could use in my office that if we could build a flash video timeline we could build an online video gallery and build sample reels to email out to potential customers while someone sits and creates a full DVD if needed.

Does anyone know if this type of application exists or samples of sites that has, for lack of a better term, a video soundboard

Thanks,
Rich

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Video Soundboard
on Mar 6, 2010 at 12:31:09 am

rich -
i had done something similar for a video editing client. they used it both to sample different clips to arrange in scenes , and also to view final product in different combinations.

the logic of it is the same, whether it is video clips,sound clips, or even images or text strings, sequence of movieclips, swfs, whatever ....

i guess you can call this a 'sample site' , although this was not intended for use on the web - it was developed into a stand alone application. i put it up just now so you could see it in action. not sure how long i will keep it up there .....

please note- what you are seeing here is a rough draft - it was meant to just demonstrate functionality, give us something to talk about, and to gain approval for further development. this is not the finished product .....

also note - the clips i used here are super small 2.5 second clips - mostly just static place holder images showing the clip # ( but they are all .flvs).

if you play around with it, choose a video to include in your custom playlist while the video is actually playing - it goes by real quick.

hope this will give you ideas for your project.

this should be self explanatory:
ww.demetri-media.com/FlashTalker/videoClipBoard/videoCLipBoard.swf

Return to posts index

rich eames
Re: Video Soundboard
on Mar 6, 2010 at 4:46:34 pm

Demetri,

Your project does give me something to work from. I was shown a demo of a product that allowed for online editing similar to your site but the time to compress files was unrealistic to use in the real world. Knowing it's possible now gives me a reason to investigate further and see if I can build the whole project.

Thanks for posting the sample !

Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]