FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a single flash file?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Irvine
Creating a single flash file?
on Mar 4, 2010 at 4:46:49 pm

My company uses a content management system to manage and maintain it's internet site. No html code is used. I have compiled a simple 2 minute video that my company would like put on it's site, unfortunately when I output the file from Adobe Flash CS4, I get 2 files. One file is for the video and the other is for the player skin which is required for my purpose. I cannot upload both files to our site and have them relate to one another. I either get the video with no player skin or I get the skin and no video. Is there a way to combine both files into one or output from Flash as a single file? I am a new to flash and I have tried, but I am now at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. I have the full Adobe master collection suite if it helps. Thanks...

Return to posts index

Jen deHaan
Re: Creating a single flash file?
on Mar 4, 2010 at 11:17:09 pm

The component looks for a SWF file. So you would need to either find a different component that doesn't use an external SWF, or you would need to create the buttons for video playback yourself and not use the FLVPlayback component. The good news is there is a lot of resources for this (other components, info on making the buttons work). There are individual components available for the buttons (play, pause, etc) so you don't need to create all those assets from scratch.

-----
Jen
http://www.flashthusiast.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]