FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I seamlessly embed "tilted" slideshow in website?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Jurgenson
Can I seamlessly embed "tilted" slideshow in website?
on Mar 3, 2010 at 8:39:29 pm

I'm new to Flash, but I have Flash CS3 Pro and Dreamweaver. At this point in my learning, I'm still in "cut & paste" mode regarding ActionScript code.

I am trying to embed a looping slideshow (27 slides with dissolves between individual slides) seamlessly into a web page graphic. I say "seamless" because I want the slideshow frame to be tilted, so I am creating my slides in Photoshop (higher quality transforms than Flash), compositing the tilted frame into a (non-tilted) cutout of the web page background graphic. So I want the final non-tilted frame edges of the slideshow (which contains graphic elements from the background) to (perfectly/invisibly) match (color and position) the background graphic.

One question: Should I create the slideshow as a flash movie, or is there a more efficient way (lower bandwidth, less compression) to create a slideshow from individual frames? This is a naive question - perhaps it will end up as a movie anyway, but it seems that the bandwidth would be less sending individual frames (with ActionScript controlling the sequencing) than a 30 fps movie. By the way, I need dissolves rather than wipes, because this is a stop-motion animation sequence that wouldn't look as good with wipe effects.

Return to posts index

Eric Jurgenson
Re: Can I seamlessly embed "tilted" slideshow in website?
on Mar 4, 2010 at 1:40:31 am

Answering my own questions. Using transparency/alpha to create my tilted screen mask (in AE CS4), then exporting a movie (F4V).

Return to posts index

Eric Jurgenson
on Mar 4, 2010 at 1:50:00 am

Maybe F4V isn't the best choice. Probably better off with On2VP6 (?) due to people not having the latest version of Flash(?)

Return to posts index

Eric Jurgenson
on Mar 4, 2010 at 1:53:38 am

Steve Allen invented the monologue. I think I just invented the monoblog.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]