FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a simple way to create a smoke effect in Flash?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nick harambee
Is there a simple way to create a smoke effect in Flash?
on Feb 24, 2010 at 1:59:19 pm

Hi

I am looking for a simple way to generate a smoke effect in After Effects CS4. Maybe something like this:

I simply want to have white (or some other coloured) smoke on a transparent background, so that I can export it as a flash file and use as an overlay on a webpage i am designing (the smoke coming out of a test tube in a static image).

I would be grateful for any advice in creating this effect,

Many thanks

Nick

Return to posts index

nick harambee
Re: Is there a simple way to create a smoke effect in Flash?
on Feb 26, 2010 at 8:00:04 pm

Just to say that I asked the same question in the After Effects forum, and the thread is here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/973573#973697

Following the advice in this thread, I have successfully added some stock footage of smoke with a black background to a composition in AE, and removed the black background with the UnMult plugin. In my composition in AE the smoke footage shows on a transparent background, but then when I try to render to FLV, using the On2 VP6 codec and selecting Encode Alpha Channel, I get a FLV file with a black background that I see whether I am embedding into a webpage, importing into Flash, playing in a Flash Player, etc.

Todd from the AE Forums suggested I turn to the Flash experts at this point.

Essentially I am looking to overlay the smoke footage over a PNG image on a webpage. Thus I am trying to generate a flash file with smoke on a transparent background.

I would be grateful for any help in getting this together

Thanks

Nick

Return to posts index

nick harambee
Re: Is there a simple way to create a smoke effect in Flash?
on Mar 8, 2010 at 9:29:19 am

I am now wondering if there is a way to achieve what I want directly in Flash CS4, or using the export to XFL feature in After Effects, and then importing into Flash CS4

Nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]