FORUMS: list search recent posts

defining hit area of a cursor.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Johnson
defining hit area of a cursor.
on Feb 10, 2010 at 6:53:01 pm

Hello-
I've made a custom cursor of a hand holding a billy club. I would like for only the top half or so of the billy club to be actual 'hit' area of the cursor.

Can I define what parts of a custom graphic to be the actual hit area for a cursor?

Right now, the 'live' or 'hit' area of my graphic is around where the billy club comes out of the hand... I've tried moving the registration point for grins.

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: defining hit area of a cursor.
on Feb 11, 2010 at 12:04:20 pm

I think I would create the cursor out of two MovieClips, like mc_cursorGraphic as the main mc, and mc_cursorArea nested inside this. The latter has a smaller area of course. When you check for droptarget or whatever method you choose, point to mc_cursorGraphic.mc_cursorArea
Hope this can be of any use.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
Re: defining hit area of a cursor.
on Feb 14, 2010 at 3:59:48 pm

nice idea. What I ended up doing was just moving the graphic down within the mc so that the live area that was already there was actually centered over that certain point. This way, no additional coding was necessary. But, I think I'll try your idea anyway. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]