FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jerky Flash Playback

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Phillips
Jerky Flash Playback
on Feb 8, 2010 at 5:27:02 pm

I have a flash file that has an embeded FLV that is playing back jerky only when the audio in the FLV plays. I can embed the exact same file without audio and if plays fine. This happens when I embed the file or link to it externally. This happens if I import the FLV direly or if I import the FLV with a swf wrapper. Anyone have any suggestions for this.

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: Jerky Flash Playback
on Feb 8, 2010 at 9:13:57 pm

Video playback will 'slave' to the audio, i.e. uninterrupted audio has priority over smooth video playback, when in a cinch.
Perhaps the video file is so large that it barely hits the ceiling when it's video only, while when it contains audio as well it becomes that bit too large?
It could be also an audio sampling rate thing, where if you try to play f.i. 48 khz samplerate audio on a soundcard that really really prefers 41.1 kHz, you get hickups. This used to be a thing of the past, but still.
Does the file play well on it's own in Adobe Mediaplayer or VLC? If not, there's some corruption in the file itself, and it needs to be recompressed at least.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved