FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple question Im sure about Motion Tweening

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Hoppus
Simple question Im sure about Motion Tweening
on Jan 5, 2010 at 8:12:33 pm

I have Flash CS3 Pro (Soon to upgrade to CS4) and what I want to do it add a circle make it roll to the end of the screen disappear and then do the same with a square then another square etc etc. However I make a new frame say to 20 and then add a key frame and move it to the end of the screen and motion tween it which is fine. The problem is when I try to get rid of the circle add a new frame and draw a square, the frames add on to the end of the key frame with a line like ------ and I cant get Flash to realise I want rid of the circle now and concentrate on the square can you help please?

Return to posts index

Marcus Geduld
Re: Simple question Im sure about Motion Tweening
on Jan 5, 2010 at 9:37:53 pm

I am a little confused by your post, but are you putting each shape on its own layer? That's the best way to do this.

Author "After Effects Expressions"
Co-author "After Effects For Flash, Flash For After Effects"
Artistic Director, Folding Chair Classical Theatre, Inc
Senior Flash Developer, Zeitbyte.com

Return to posts index

Mark Hoppus
on Jan 5, 2010 at 9:46:18 pm

I didnt orginally but I just tried it and still cant seem to make the circle go off the screen and then the square appear any chance you can advise how to do this?

Return to posts index

Marcus Geduld
on Jan 6, 2010 at 1:43:57 am

I am still not 100% what's going wrong for you, but maybe this file will help you figure it out: http://grumblebee.com/stuff/cow/sequence.fla

Here's are the steps I went through to make it:

1. On frame one of the default layer, I drew a circle and saved it to the Library as a MovieClip. I put the circle in its starting position to the left of the Stage.

2. I right clicked on frame 60 and chose Insert Keyframe (not Insert Blank Keyframe) from the context menu.

3. I moved the playhead to frame 60 and moved the circle to its ending position to the right of the Stage.

4. I right clicked on the layer, between the two keyframes, and chose Create Motion Tween from the context menu (in CS4, I would have chosen Create Classic Tween).

5. I added a new layer.

6. On the new layer, I right clicked frame 61 (one frame past the end of the circle animation, but on the new layer, not on the circle layer). I chose Insert Keyframe from the context menu.

7. I parked the playhead on frame 61, made sure the new layer was selected, drew a square and saved it to the Library as a MovieClip. I put the square in its starting position to the left of the Stage.

8. I right clicked frame 120 on the new layer and chose Insert Keyframe. I moved the playhead to frame 120 and moved the square to its ending position, to the right of the Stage.

9. I right clicked between the two keyframes on the new layer and chose Create Motion Tween from the context menu.

Author "After Effects Expressions"
Co-author "After Effects For Flash, Flash For After Effects"
Artistic Director, Folding Chair Classical Theatre, Inc
Senior Flash Developer, Zeitbyte.com

Return to posts index

Mark Hoppus
on Jan 9, 2010 at 3:56:01 pm

Hi many thanks for your help Ive done it now I think it was to do with how and where I was adding the new frames.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]