FORUMS: list search recent posts

Publishing Flash document to web

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrice Soehnlein
Publishing Flash document to web
on Jan 3, 2010 at 12:49:26 am

Hello, I'm having an odd problem with Flash and Dreamweaver CS3.

This is my first website in Flash CS3 using ActionScript 3 so apologies if it's an obvious fix.

I recently finished my personal portfolio website on Flash CS3. I published a .swf of the file, imported it to DreamWeaver, put it on my server and it works great except for a small hiccup.

The first time the page loads in ANY browser, the first (and only first) button directs to the wrong scene/frame in the Flash document. The second time the page loads in any browser, the button works correctly (goes to the correct scene/frame).

To see this in action, my website is The first button is a smiling girl, right next to my name.

The Flash document works 100% correctly in every publish preview in Flash and every browser preview in Dreamweaver. I've tried reloading and renaming everything I can think of, including reloading the index page, renaming and reloading the Flash document, exporting the Flash doc instead of publishing it as a .swf, and nothing has worked so far. I've loaded the page on five browsers on three different computers and the same hiccup keeps repeating itself.

I have a feeling this problem has something to do with the Scripts file - AC_RunActiveContent.js. Unfortunately I don't understand what this file is (being that this is my first website), what it does or even what program is generating it (DreamWeaver or Flash). All I know is that if I delete it, my Flash document doesn't show up.

Any advice would be appreciated to no end! Thanks in advance and let me know if I can explain this any better.

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: Publishing Flash document to web
on Jan 3, 2010 at 10:28:39 am

It sounds like it might be something in the ordering of your actionscript. Does your troublesome link declaration depend on a variable value that has not already been set in the script when you declare the link ...?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved