FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing/exporting Flash video segments whilst still real time encoding from SDI/Firewire

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Clark
Editing/exporting Flash video segments whilst still real time encoding from SDI/Firewire
on Dec 21, 2009 at 7:48:53 am

Seasons greetings everbody,

Be gentle I've not particularly worked with Flash video before other than just uploading to Vimeo!

Is there any solution out there for if I have live streaming video, in my case either PAL SD SDI or PAL SD Firewire, for me to be real-time encoding a Flash video file and then whilst still encoding that Flash video, export segments of that encode for use in on online player. So I'm not after an encoder that streams Flash video online in real time, but an encoder that would allow me to set ins and outs (pref. on a timeline but just with timecode will work too) and export those segments of Flash video on the fly to be then teamed up with a player and put online within minutes. In my case it'd be an hour long record (or possibly broken up between ad breaks so 15min max) and on the fly I'd want to pull out 2min segments consecutively to give to some online guys.

Add to this (only if it's poss.) multiple encodes. So say a high quality flash encode, a medium quality flash encode, a low quality flash encode AND a single WMV encode.

Some of that might be wishful thinking I'm guessing but I can say there'd be a market for it!

At the moment, despite being able to pull out the segments they want on the fly, my work is having to transcode those video segments into another format (trust me, we have too) before they can even be Flash encoded so I think they can easily do better than that at least but yes, being able to export and save the same segment from multiple feeds whilst still encoding would be ideal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]