FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swaping multiple BMPs.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yaron Bar
Swaping multiple BMPs.
on Nov 29, 2009 at 8:07:04 am

Hello,

I have graphic symbol "Leaf1_Falling" that contains an animation of a leaf falling. The leaf is a BMP I imported into the library - "leaf1.bmp".
I want to duplicate the symbol to create "Leaf2_Falling" that will contain the same animation , but will use a 2nd bitmap - "leaf2.bmp"- that I imported into the library.
What is the way to swap all the "leaf1.bmp" with "leaf2.bmp" so that I will end up with 2 graphic symbols with the same animation, but with different leaves ?

Thanks,
Y.

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
Re: Swaping multiple BMPs.
on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:22:09 am

In the Library duplicate the symbol, "Leaf1_Falling", give it a new name, open it up, select the bitmap and in the properties panel there's a swap button, which will let you select the other bitmap to replace the current one.

Return to posts index

Yaron Bar
on Nov 30, 2009 at 8:13:08 am

My problem is that I have a lot of keyframes that I will need to manually swap the BMP for. I am looking for a way to enter the graphic symbol's timeline, and make a swap to all the references that it contains from BMP1 to BMP2 in one action..

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:50:31 pm

Well, in the movie clip that contains the bitmap make 2 frames, put stop actions on both and have 1 bitmap image on the first frame and the other image on the second frame. Give the movie clip an instance name like "leaf". In the main timeline you have 2 of the "Leaf_Falling" movie clips with different innstance names,"LeafFalling1" and "LeafFalling2". Then you could use actionscript similar to this to swap images:

LeafFalling2.leaf.gotoAndStop(2);

Return to posts index

Yaron Bar
on Dec 3, 2009 at 3:34:56 pm

Thanks, I will try it !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]