FORUMS: list search recent posts

HTML text in FLASH document

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dmitriy Dribinskiy
HTML text in FLASH document
on Nov 26, 2009 at 7:13:32 pm

My company hired a web designer and the original agreement was that he supposed to use a HTML-formatted text where it's possible for SEO optimization. Now he is saying "We had to make it (text) flash because your header is flash and the bottom is dynamic along with the page images." Does it make any sense? Sounds odd to me (I have some knowledge of the HTML code).
The pre-design is here - if you skip the intro and go directly to "About Us" page. All of the contents are inside the Flash movie including the text block on the left side. We want this text to be set as a plain html document with the Flash pieces surrounding it so that the screen showed a Flash navigation at the top, HTML text and then Flash photo and & Flash content at the bottom.

What should I tell my designer?

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: HTML text in FLASH document
on Nov 27, 2009 at 9:39:11 am

The about link here is producing an access denied message if I click it, though if I hover and let the drop-down appear then it works OK.

The text block sits quite ugly in the page, doesn't it

Of course you can insist on going back to your original agreement. There is no big issue having multiple Flash movies on a page. You will want a consistent design look across the page(s), though.

Google now aims to search text inside Flash movies, and there are other ways to be help make sure that you have indexable text on your page even when it's not visible in your Flash container.

As a complete aside, autoplaying music, splash screens are not widely popular techniques with users any more (if ever!). Take a peek at
if you like

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved