FORUMS: list search recent posts

getting an external swf to load to a specific frame

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew vaz
getting an external swf to load to a specific frame
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:15:07 pm

Hey you flash gurus,

I made a flash website and had one page load an external swf.

In this external .swf are thumbnails that link to another page (frame) all within the external swf. when you go to these pages there is a 'back' link which links back to the main external swf frame.

My problem is this: let's say i click a thumbnail in the external swf and it goes to the respective thumbnail page, and then i dont click the 'back' button but instead click another link of the main flash website - then i go back to the page that loads the external swf and instead of going to the main frame of the external swf it stays at the page i was previously on.

How do I get the link on the main flash website which loads the external .swf to always load on the first frame of the external swf?

This is my code for the page that loads the external .swf

var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("branding.swf");
var loader:Loader = new Loader();
loader.load(request);
loader.x = 0;
loader.y = 100;
addChild(loader);

I hope this is clear, if not I'll be happy to clarify any confusion.

Thanks for your time :)

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: getting an external swf to load to a specific frame
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:41:08 pm

your external swf hasn't actually unloaded, that's why it is going back to the same frame.

you need to either tell the loader to unload( when clicking on another of the 'main timeline' buttons)
or in the other button's code, just tell the external swf ( technically 'content as MovieClip - but you knew that) to gotoAndStop(1).

so - unload it, and then on reload it will automatically be on frame 1, or make sure to tell the clip, when you move away from it, to go back to frame 1.

you might need to use logic/conditionals to avoid output/compile errors.

i am away from my work desk, so i hope this makes sense.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]