FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drawing a line on the Stage help

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Norris
Drawing a line on the Stage help
on Nov 4, 2009 at 4:17:24 am

Title sounds like a weak question huh?

Here's my issue. I am running a workstation, very capable of any adobe product, a wacom tablet, and Flash CS4. Everything is updated. Sofware/drivers.

I import my .flv onto the stage. I make a new layer. Select the Pencil tool (Y) and begin to make lines on the stage. The lines/curves I draw do not appear until I lift my stylus off the tablet. **It does it with the mouse too** so the tablet isnt causing it.

Why does the line I am drawing not show up until after I lift off the tablet with the stylus OR let go the mouse button after I made a line? It's nearly impossible to do what I need to do with it this way?

It's supposed to draw the line as I draw it. Is there some sort of setting I hit or what? Dead stuck until further. thanks for ur viewing

Return to posts index

Jen deHaan
Re: Drawing a line on the Stage help
on Nov 5, 2009 at 8:04:58 pm

What OS are you on?

Also, can you try this in a default workspace layout? (I just want to eliminate that as a possibility if it's not indeed the cause.)

Return to posts index

Kaz Frankiewicz
A Possible Workaround
on Nov 9, 2009 at 6:27:49 pm

I am having the exact same issue. However, I found a bizarre workaround where having YouTube open and a video playing suddenly makes the line appear as you're drawing. I have no idea why this would work, other than that YouTube uses Flash Player. For reference, I am doing this on Windows 7 Home Premium and I've tried this with Google Chrome only so far but it does work after a few strokes. When I close Chrome, I may be able to get in a few more strokes but then it stops working again.

I would love it if anyone knows a real fix to this.

I hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved