<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Bradley
Flash Forms Help
on Oct 30, 2009 at 7:23:13 pm

I have a website open now you can see
http://www.dbradentertains.com

The forms on the contact us page works great

The forms on the Guestlist page does not work

Any ideas on how I can set this up? Any good guides? I got the scripts for the contact page, I wanted to do some edits to make it work onto this one but Idk how to make it run right. When I setup the forms on guestlist page, it uses the scripts for the contact page...
Ideas?
Anyone willing to help?

Thanks in advanced!

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: Flash Forms Help
on Oct 31, 2009 at 11:22:29 am

Well it's hard to see what happens in a Flash file from the published swf, but at a guess and a starting point you might need to change the action for the submit button on the guest list page, so that it points to your guest list script ....

Return to posts index

Dave Bradley
on Oct 31, 2009 at 1:10:39 pm

So the submit button runs the script? Maybe that is it.. I cant figure out how to edit the action for that though.. if I select the submit button, nothing comes up under the action panel..

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Nov 1, 2009 at 10:50:32 am

It's traditional for form action to be processed when the submit button is hit (though some AJAX or web 2.0 -style apps set things in motion earlier and just confirm on button action).

I'm not on a machine with Flash installed just now, but as I recall :

some versions of Flash, if you select the button on the page and then select parameters, you'll see a "click handler" parameter - that would be where you add the web / server address of the script you want to run. If there's no such option visible to you or in your versions, you may have to make your changes in your movie's actionscript.

Then you'll need to be sure that the two buttons, guest book and contacts, have different instance names. You'll have to find the relevant actionscript for each button. The Movie Explorer window might help with that. Then make sure that each button has its own event handler script. The event handler for the button click could be called anything, but you might search first for clickHandler.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ActionScript/3.0_UsingComponentsAS3/WS5b3ccc516...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]