FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 Tweening Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Wright
CS4 Tweening Problem
on Oct 20, 2009 at 7:35:15 pm

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help with a crippling issue in Flash CS4. In short, the post production company I work for asked me to redesign their website using the version that happened to be hanging round the office- Flash MX (circa 2002). Half way through the project we bought CS4 as the site is quite video heavy and MX isn't really set up for that.

I've opened my mx file in the new version and all has worked well- however a couple of days down the line i'm now having major tweening issues on the pages i've created since upgrading.

When transitioning between scenes (yes i know everyone hates scenes but it seemed right at the time) the classic alpha tweens that fade the new scene in seem to be 'paused' on the first frame when viewed as an SWF. All is fine when scrubbing through the timeline. As I designed the site and know where the buttons are I can click them, it's just they're not visible.

I've done a lot of reading into this and have seen reports of similar issues with dynamic text elements not alpha tweening properly - but this is all of the layers that have a tween at the start. Sadly i'm really tight on time to get the site done as it's only a side project and i've got work building up.

If anyone can shed any light on the situation I would be very grateful. I can supply the .FLA on request but it's 200mb so it's going to be a bit of a beast to send around.

I've searched for things like 'tween conflict' 'alpha tween not working' 'classic tween error' etc to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: CS4 Tweening Problem
on Oct 20, 2009 at 8:35:10 pm

try using GreenSock's TweenLite/TweenMax class to do those transitions and see what happens.

Return to posts index

Jon Wright
on Oct 20, 2009 at 8:44:17 pm

hi,

thanks for quick response- i've only ever done the tweens from the timeline and not through AS (btw i'm writing in AS2 just for reference)

any thoughts on solving it without having to replace all the timeline tweens with scripts?

thanks again

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Oct 20, 2009 at 9:06:32 pm

i am not the one to answer questions in AS2. sorry.

i am assuming you have symbols/clips on frame 1 of scene 2 that are at alpha=0, that then over some frames tween to alpha=1( oops, i mean 100 if it is AS2 ! ). try instead to have the alpha at 1, and the visibility to 0, then script the page page so frame 1 sets the visiblity to 100. it will appear to be doing the same fade in from 0, and might get rid of that bug.

another suggestions would be to do a similar situation. make sure all your transitions are self contained movie clip symbols. then have frame one addChild of each of the clips

Return to posts index

Jon Wright
on Oct 20, 2009 at 9:23:39 pm

Thanks so much for the 1-100 advice, i'll try it first thing in the morning! (i'll have to keep my fingers crossed in my sleep :s)

will report back with findings

Return to posts index

Jon Wright
on Oct 21, 2009 at 8:54:27 am

Hiya,

Just got into work and tried this technique- sadly it didn't work. If anyone has any thoughts on a solution I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Jen deHaan
on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:27:16 pm

Hi Jon,

I answered your question on a couple other forums, but here it is again :)

"

Does this sound like the problem you're encountering? http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/496/cpsid_49616.html

(there are a few workarounds on the page)

"

-----
Jen
http://www.flashthusiast.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]