FORUMS: list search recent posts

dynamic photo gallery

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Baron
dynamic photo gallery
on Oct 20, 2009 at 3:51:19 am

I'm hoping someone can help me out since I'm fairly new to Flash. I made a photo gallery that loads dynamically so all the photos don't have to load at once. On the side I made small thumbnail buttons of the pictures and when you click one it opens in one of the pre-made loader components. All the jpg files are in the same directory as the swf file. Here's the action script 2.0 that I used for the thumbnail buttons:

on (press) {
bw_port.contentPath = "untitled 1 from apropriation series_bigger_size.jpg";
}

It works fine when I press ctrl and enter in Flash but when I put the swf file in Dreamweaver and do the f12 preview it doesn't work. It also doesn't work when I upload the site to my host. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: dynamic photo gallery
on Oct 20, 2009 at 1:06:43 pm

If it's just this that doesn't work, then maybe you're thinking it might be a path issue? What happens if you publish your file to make an swf and html - does that work? Or if you do a publish preview? I don't know anything about Dreamweaver previewing. Does preview save its temp preview files into the same folder where you have your swf and jpgs ...?

Spaces in the file name does give me some cause for concern; how will that work out if you upload to a unix / linux server ..? But if you're not on a linux desktop then that's probably not the (only!) issue.

Return to posts index

Craig Baron
on Oct 20, 2009 at 2:35:19 pm

I'll try renaming the files and also making an html file when I get home tonight. Thanks for the suggestions.

Return to posts index

Craig Baron
on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:41:21 pm

It turns out that I have to have the images in the portfolio in both the images folder and the root folder on the site host.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]