FORUMS: list search recent posts

What are my options for Converting to Flash On2 VP6 Codec?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Dane
What are my options for Converting to Flash On2 VP6 Codec?
on Oct 18, 2009 at 12:16:33 am

Sorry to make a new post that is similar to the last one but I just did some more research and kind of clarified my issue so I wanted to ask it this way... basically I found this through another forum post: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flash/10.0_UsingFlash/WS9222D73A-676D-41cd-9222... and from this I gathered that the only way to have an alpha channel in a flash file video is to convert it using the On2 VP6 codec, from what I have seen the only program that supports this is the on2 Flix software so I guess my question would be is, are there any other options besides this for converting a video format (avi, for example) to the on2 vp6 codec needed for the alpha channel in flash? (or any other advice on how I could have an alpha channel in a flash video).

Thanks for any help on this.

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: What are my options for Converting to Flash On2 VP6 Codec?
on Oct 18, 2009 at 10:49:43 am

You need to generate the alpha channel with your video in your editing or compositing software.

Once you have the alpha channel, you can also encode with alpha channel in Flash itself. There's a (pay for) plugin for Sorenson Squeeze, too. I don't have CS4 but I believe the adobe media encoder included with video versions of CS4 may also do the job.

If you can find an avi file format that works on your system that supports alpha channels/32 bit, then you could export to that from your editing programme. Otherwise you may have to export to Quicktime.

Return to posts index

Rick Dane
Re: What are my options for Converting to Flash On2 VP6 Codec?
on Oct 18, 2009 at 7:16:18 pm

Thanks for the help... actually I just realized that the adobe media encoder supports the on2 vp6 codec... I've been in kind of a daze the last few days trying to learn all about converting to codecs so I think I missed it being right under my nose :) as I had already tried using the adobe media encoder but didn't see it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]