FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advance to Frame Label by CuePoint

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Driessen
Advance to Frame Label by CuePoint
on Oct 16, 2009 at 7:29:01 pm

Grr. Following Adobe's help instructions completely but still not flying here. Maybe something I'm missing.

Have a bit of interface navigation happening via playhead advancing on timeline. Then placed a stop() on a frame that contains a FLV media playback component that will play video. The very next frame is labeled and has play() action on it that animates interface out. Want the playhead to advance to the labeled frame when a cue point at the end of the FLV (that is played in the playback component) is triggered.

Attempting to use LabeledFrame CuePoint Navigation behaviour (from AS2) since it seems to be the easiest solution and followed the help file instructions perfectly. But not perfect enough to make it work. Something I might be missing or anothers solution out there.

FireTrigger Inc.

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
Re: Advance to Frame Label by CuePoint
on Oct 19, 2009 at 5:48:27 am

For best accuracy, embed the cue point when encoding the video instead of adding the cue point via ActionScript. Navigation cue points can only happen on a keyframe, so even though you set a specific time for the cue point with ActionScript, if the video is not encoded with a keyframe at that specific time the cue point will actually happen at the next/nearest keyframe that exists.

or you could use an event listener to listen for the video to complete

function the_end(eventObject:Object):Void {
my_FLVPlybk.addEventListener("complete", the_end);

Adam Ashby
mutli-media artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved