FORUMS: list search recent posts

Standalone file

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter cooke
Standalone file
on Oct 8, 2009 at 9:39:51 pm

Hello, I hope this is a simple request.
I have had a website made for me in flash 4, with videos and pictures. It is not for the web at present. I would like to put it on a DVD firstly to act as a portfolio.
I have the following files: index.swf, index.fla, mojaveexternalall2.swf, index.html and all the video .flv files. I know nothing about Flash.
My question is how do i export it all so i just need to copy a single file onto a DVD and the recipient just needs to double click on the file for it all to work on their computer.
Any help much appreciated.

Return to posts index

peter cooke
Re: Standalone file
on Oct 9, 2009 at 10:52:02 pm

I have managed to do this and it was quite simple.
I just Published a MAC.app and a WIN.exe file.
Then burned these and the video file onto a DVD.
That's all there is to it!

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Oct 10, 2009 at 12:38:37 am

glad you figured that out.

2 ( OK, 3 ) other suggestions to help your presentation/portfolio be more proffessional.

fist off, does it really need to be on a dvd rather than a cd? is it a data dvd for the computer or does it need to play in a dvd player?

i try to keep it just on a cd as i find clients/potential clients are more likely to look at it rather than as a dvd

second is to make sure all your auxillary files are invisible on the disc. most disc authoring programs will do that for you ( you don't want anyone seeing, let alone poking around your 'Resouces" or "images" folders and other files.)

the next is sometimes a little more tricky, depending on your disc authoring program. that is to make a true hybrid disc, with a mac and an ISO volume ( for PCs), so mac users will only see the mac player ( .app) and PC users will only see their player ( .exe )

Return to posts index

peter cooke
on Oct 14, 2009 at 10:03:23 pm

Many thanks for your post, that's a very good idea to put it onto a CD and hide the video files.
Best wishes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]