FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embedding video in swf files

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Wheeler
Embedding video in swf files
on Sep 25, 2009 at 6:35:58 pm

A client wants a 5 minute training video embedded in a SWF file for use in a .Net environment for streaming video. The resulting SWF file is 30MB with a lot of audio noise. Streaming an FLV file makes more sense to me, but perhaps I'm not up-to-date on the latest Flash capabiities. Everything I read on Adobe.com says that embedding video in SWF files is for short videos (less than a minute) and may result in audio sync problems.

I have Adobe CS3. Any recommendations for embedding a 5 minute video in a SWF file with decent audio? How can this be used to stream video on a .net environment?

Thanks!

David Wheeler
EX1; EX3; FCP 6.06; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad
CS3
dave@marcombiz.com

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: Embedding video in swf files
on Sep 26, 2009 at 9:41:03 am

I'd be inclined to go back and talk to the customer, and offer a little custom swf player with a linked flv, perhaps explaining how these would be deployed (perhaps uploaded to the same folder). If there are any issues in his network environment (and it's hard to see what those might be),then offer to discuss those with his network admin. Technically it's hard to see what issue might arise with flv that swf-only would circumvent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]