FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alignment help needed with stage size!!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Acosta
Alignment help needed with stage size!!
on Sep 12, 2009 at 4:37:48 pm

hello everyone,

i'm not very familiar with flash, but i'm trying to do something very basic that isn't working for me...

i bought a "flash poll" online and now i'm trying to make certain changes to it.

the size of the stage when i open the .fla file is 590 x 300... but when i do a test run or implement the movie, the actual poll size is about 200 x 300 and it's aligned all the way to the right... so i have all this extra white space to the left of the poll, almost 400px...

so i resized the stage to 200 x 300 and all i get is a white 200x300 movie, if i expand the window to the right, eventually i see the the poll hidden away...

the poll is all in actionscript (i believe...) in the timeline there is only (actions) and (background) but nothing displays on the screen where the stage is until i click test movie.

so my question (sorry for the huge intro) is basically, how can i (forgive me for using this word) crop, all that white space to the left of the poll? all i want is basically a 200x300 stage with the poll in there!

thanks guys!

-- Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved