FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixelated FLV

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Thomas
Pixelated FLV
on Aug 19, 2009 at 6:34:19 pm

I've created a short video in AE CS3, exported it as a .mov and it looks crisp and clean when played. I need to convert it to an flv, so i use Flash's FLV Encoder included with CS3. I have the encoding profile set to "Flash 8 - High Quality". When i play the newly converted flv, it's very pixelated.

Am i missing a setting or is there a work around for this? Possibly a higher quality FLV convertor?

Thank You!

Return to posts index

Desiree Damon
Re: Pixelated FLV
on Aug 20, 2009 at 6:14:17 pm

The best workaround I've found is to use H.264 video inside of Flash.

In AE, you can export your video with custom output module. Under format, select H.264. If you have audio in your project, make sure it's using the AAC codec, or this won't work. You'll end up with a .mov file.

You can't import this kind of file directly into Flash CS3, but you can tell it to play using actionscript. You may or may not have that many properties, but this is just as an example.

var flvPlayer:FLVPlayback = new FLVPlayback();
var videoSrc:String = "";

flvPlayer.height=480; = "SkinUnderPlayStopSeekMuteVol.swf"
flvPlayer.skinBackgroundColor = 0x4C6F8B;
flvPlayer.skinBackgroundAlpha = 0.80;
flvPlayer.source = videoSrc;

When I rendered out my .swf and played it in a browser, it looked quite crisp, and far better than anything the media encoder could give me.

I hope this helps!

Return to posts index

ana ninski
Re: Pixelated FLV
on Sep 2, 2009 at 12:19:37 am

that was an awesome response Desiree...
newbie question here ::
i've created the .mov from my flash animation (do i really need to use AE?) and now i am at a loss as to where to place the AS code you wrote.
am i still creating a separate player swf with the FLV component and would i place this AS there on its own layer first frame? I tried giving the player the instance name of :: flvPlayer
still learning this stuff.. any suggestions on where to go from here?
i'd prefer to load the .mov into the swf.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved