FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Create a Dissolve

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Meadows
Can't Create a Dissolve
on Aug 2, 2009 at 4:55:05 am

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I just can't figure out what's wrong. I'm trying to create a simple 1-second dissolve in a layer, from 0% to 100% opacity. As I understand it, here's the procedure with which I've been trying to achieve this:

Convert image in layer to symbol
> place two keyframes on timeline (24 frames apart, at 24fps)
> assign alpha values to each key frame -- 0% to the earlier, 100% to the latter
> select earlier key, Create Motion Tween
> (alternately, select earlier key and choose Tween: Motion in Properties editor)
> nothing happens.

The image simply pops on at frame 24, as if there's no tween there at all.

What am I doing wrong? Tired of beating my head against something that seems like a really simple procedure. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Can't Create a Dissolve
on Aug 2, 2009 at 10:27:30 am

Are there perhaps multiple symbols on your layer at one of those keyframes? Is the tween showing a solid line or is it dashed?

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Eric Martin
on Nov 5, 2009 at 4:51:15 am

I'm actually having the same problem. I'm guessing the "color" window is context-sensitive, as the values don't change when I select different layers/key frames, but I don't know what the secret is - someone
please enlighten us on something that should be so simple. Seems like the properties window would be
of use...

Return to posts index

Charlie Meadows
on Nov 5, 2009 at 5:04:14 am

Hi, Eric --

Someone off-forum actually helped me with this. The solution is, indeed, the Properties window (not the "Alpha" controller in the Colors window), and it's ridiculously simple once you realize what it is.

You have to be working with a Movie Clip or Button symbol, for starters. Convert your object, if you haven't already. Then Select the object in its Layer. Now -- the odd step is that you have to Click on the selected object, somewhere inside its bounding box to bring up the "Color" control menu at the right-hand side of the Properties window. Pull down the menu and select "Alpha" and the percentage slider comes up to control the object's opacity on the Key where you are on the timeline.

To create a fade or dissolve -- move to a new frame on the timeline, set a Key, change the Alpha value in the Properties window, and Create and Motion Tween between the two frames.

Simple. Just not obvious. Best regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]