FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto convert movieClips into graphics

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hill
Auto convert movieClips into graphics
on Jul 21, 2009 at 5:30:26 pm

So, someone did not get the note on the difference between animating for the web and animating for broadcast, and built their sequence as movieClips within movieClips within movieClips. If it had just been graphics within graphics within graphics, it would have been fine.

This means I have to export the thing as a quicktime movie file, which is not my favourite choice for the sake of the rest of our workflow.

So I'm curious whether there's such a thing that will automatically convert all the movieClips in a document into graphics. There's no audio, no actionscript, so there's no reason they need to be movieClips.

(I have another solution which involves running through the .swf at a reduced frame rate and exporting it as an image sequence, but I'm still curious about fixing within the .fla.)

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Auto convert movieClips into graphics
on Jul 21, 2009 at 6:21:05 pm

You should be able to select all movieclips in the library, right click on them, choose properties and change all of them to graphics at once. Not sure if this will also change the type of the clips on the stage though.

Kind regards,

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved