FORUMS: list search recent posts

using .MOV as website layout

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james van vliet
using .MOV as website layout
on Jul 14, 2009 at 7:24:35 pm

hi,
i am in the process of creating a webiste for a client and am using Flash CS3. I am fairly new to the programme and so was wondering if anyone was able to help me with a few issues.

I have created a .MOV file in after effects which i want to act as the website interface, i.e i want the interface to be one flowing movie which just pauses when it gets to each page and then resumes when the user clicks to carry onto the next page...how would i do this??

I have imported the video into flash using video importer and embedding it as SWF in the options..is thos correct or should i have used the progressive download option?

if anyone can help it would be much appreciated....if you need any clarity on what help i need please ask and ill try to explain again.

cheers guys!

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: using .MOV as website layout
on Jul 15, 2009 at 7:50:57 am

Using SWF video will make your final product huge, but it isd far easier to manage. If you use FLV, then you can control the compression more, but you'll have to use 'listeners' to control the pause elements. I've not used streaming video before, so can't advise you on that, although I think I'm right in sayign you need a flash streaming server.

Personally, if there's any way you recreate your animations within flash, you'l keep both control and a manageable filesize.

Graham

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]