FORUMS: list search recent posts

working with movie clips using action script

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Meghan Lundy
working with movie clips using action script
on Jul 9, 2009 at 9:49:22 pm

I have a video slideshow movie clip which calls files from an external xml file. The movie clip is a photo slideshow and the xml files contains the photos used in the slideshow. All i want to do is when the last photo of the xml file plays, i want the movie clip to stop playing and the timeline to advance to the next scene.

Here is how I have it setup so far. The main timeline includes these three layers: slideshow, music, and actions. Slideshow is the movie clip i am referring to, in this movieclip is an actions layer that contains all the actions that control the movie clip, such as calling the files from the xml file.

Help please, i have so many photos that I am trying to break them up into section so they are easier to keep track oh.

Meghan Lundy

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: working with movie clips using action script (AS2)
on Jul 15, 2009 at 7:58:07 am

Sounds like you need a listener, but I'm not sure as I've never used XML this way.

If you had a standard flv video to play within flash, you'd have a flv player, in the example below I've given it an instance name of 'flv':

flv.contentPath = "flvs/main.flv";
var listener = new Object();
listener.complete = function(objetEvt) {
flv.contentPath = "flvs/holding.flv";;

This plays 'main.flv' until the end then, loads and plays 'holding.flv'.

For you you should be able to remove the actions to load and play holding.flv and replace with _root.nextFrame();

Graham - Free FX for amateur films

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved