FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flv quality great until embedded in webpage

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Nichols
Flv quality great until embedded in webpage
on Jul 8, 2009 at 8:09:22 pm

I am having a peculiar problem with my flash video when it's viewed within the webpage that it was created for. I have a flash webpage (swf inside of an html wrapper) that is setup to view the video. The video is being encoded at at 700Kbps, 320x240 (4/3), at 29.970 fps, VP6, and it looks crystal clear when played in a standalone flash video player or when compiled within Flash CS3 and viewed within the the Flash IDE. However, when viewed inside of the webpage (either on my machine or over the internet), it's quality degrades considerably (angled lines in video and the font looks clipped). The poor look of the video is almost certainly the result of resizing, though I can't figure out why it would be resized.

I have checked to make sure the size of the FLVPlayback component is the same as the video (320x240), and I have made sure that the html wrapper is the exact size at the flash page it uses. Any ideas on what might be the breakdown here?

Here's a link to one of the more obvious videos that having this problem, though there are several other have a very similar problem...

http://www.giantpictures.com/_/video/spot/spot_4.htm

I'd be happy to pass along html code or fla's to anyone who might have a hunch.

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]