FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert from .f4v

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Slocum
Convert from .f4v
on Jun 30, 2009 at 7:39:33 pm

OK, I was given the challenge of doing some touchup work on some f4v files for a client. I CANNOT get the original files/elements. They either don't exist or they just won't give them... don't know and it doesn't matter. The quality really isn't bad at all. They are compressed at obscenely high bit rates and the resolution is 1024x576 (not that you care about that). So don't recommend me ask for originals.

My difficulty is converting the .f4v's into a file that is readable by After Effects CS3. First of all, I couldn't get anything to read it until I changed the extension to .flv. After that, MPEG Streamclip and Apple Compressor won't do it, even though they play the video. Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 seems to work only when I change the in-point to 0:00.04.

After I make the changes and export it. I re-encode it using Adobe Flash CS3 Video Encoder. Change the extension from .flv back to .f4v, and the interactive flash program that references that video works fine.

This seems not only weird (especially the in-point change), but possibly not the best way. Does anyone else have any experience converting .f4v's to something editable?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved